The Ranthambore National Park, located in the Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan, is one of India’s most famous tiger reserves. The reserve was originally created as a game reserve in 1980, but it was upgraded to a national park in 1983.
Ranthambore Tiger Reserve is the second largest national park and tiger reserve in India covering an area of 1334 km2. It is home to hundreds of tigers and other animals including leopards, sloth bears and hyenas. To explore this tiger paradise further, read on for everything you need to know about Ranthambore National Park.
Why Visit the Ranthambore National Park?
The largest reason to visit the Ranthambore National Park is the chance to see wild tigers in their natural habitat. Tigers are the most famous inhabitants of the Ranthambore National Park, although leopards and sloth bears also reside there. Once you visit the Ranthambore National Park, you will understand why it is one of the best places in the world to see wild tigers. The park is located in Rajasthan, which is known as the “Land of Kings”. The park is open all year round, so you can visit at any time. The best time to visit the tiger reserve is between October and February during the winter months. This is when the tigers come out to hunt and the grasslands are not flooded by monsoons.
When to Visit Ranthambore National Park?
As we mentioned above, the best time to visit Ranthambore National Park is between October and February. You can visit other months as well, but the park may not be as lush and green as it is in December and January. The monsoon months may provide you with a spectacular view of nature, but the park may be flooded and hard to navigate. You may get to see the park’s beauty, but it will be challenging to spot the tigers.
Things to Do in Ranthambore National Park
– See the beauty of nature during monsoon.
– The monsoon months provide a spectacular view of nature. You can see the beauty of nature during monsoon. After the rains, you can explore the park and visit places like the Sawai Lake, the Pichola Lake, and the Umang Lake. You can also visit the Chokramund Sanctuary.
– Spot a variety of birds.
– The Ranthambore National Park is home to more than 250 species of birds. You can spot a variety of birds during winter. You can also visit the Desert National Park to see the birds.
– See the beautiful landscape
– During winter, the landscape in Ranthambore National Park turns beautiful. You can see the beautiful landscape at that time. The landscape becomes greener after the monsoon. You can also see the spectacular views of the sunset from some places inside the park.
– Explore the Chambal River
– If you love adventure and thrill, then you can go for the Chambal River Tour. The river is one of the major attractions inside the park.
– Visit the Panna National Park
– If you want to see the migratory birds, then you can visit the Panna National Park. It is one of the best places to visit in the winters.
Tips for Visiting the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
– The best way to explore the park is by hiring a guide. You can hire a guide at the entrance of the reservation. The guides will help you explore the park in a better way.
– The best time to visit the park is during winter. You can see the beautiful landscape during winter.
– You can visit the park with your family.
– You must carry your identity proof, as the park authorities may ask for it.
– It is better if you hire an Indian travel agency to visit the park. This is because the guides and drivers in the park are not friendly. You can also hire the services of a travel agency.
Where to Stay in and around Ranthambro –
There are several luxury resorts and hotels near Ranthambore. You can choose any of the hotels to stay. Some of the best hotels and resorts near Ranthambore are listed below:
– Risveer Log Hut – This is a luxury hotel that is located at a distance of 5 km from the park. It is a perfect place to stay if you want to experience the wilderness. You can explore the Ranthambore National Park, Panna National Park or Chambal Gorges by hiring a car from the hotel.
– Paws-Up-Ranthambore – If you want to stay in a place where you can see tigers, lions, leopards and hyenas, then Paws Up is the best place for you. You can also go for a safari in Paws Up.
– Rang Bhor – This is another luxury hotel near Ranthambore. You can visit the park by hiring an SUV from the hotel. The hotel also offers other activities like river rafting, jungle walk and shopping.
Warning: Don’t Get Scammed!
Keep in mind that most of the places near Ranthambore are not worth visiting. If you plan to visit the places outside the park, then hire a car and driver. The car driver can drop you at the right place and also help you avoid getting scammed.