Dudhwa National Park is located in the Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries in India, and was established in 1979. In 1987, the park was declared a tiger reserve and brought under the purview of the ‘Project Tiger’ Its name comes from two words: Duda, meaning ditch, and Vy, meaning brook or stream.
These national parks are home to various species of mammals like tigers, leopards, jungle cats, large civets, small-eared cats and foxes as well as a number of species of birds such as hornbills and flycatchers.
What To Do In Dudhwa National Park?
Dudhwa is a great place to observe wildlife. The best time to visit Dudhwa to see the migratory birds like the Siberian cranes, the white-throated rails, Siberian cranes, waterfowl species and many other species. If you want to see rare and wild animals, the best time to visit the national park is between the months of October and April. These are the dry months and are particularly good for spotting tigers. There are many places to go for Safari in Dudhwa National Park. If you are looking for a place to see the tigers, you will be disappointed as tigers are rarely seen in the national park. You can visit the Deo-ghat or the Shobha-ghat area to see the wild boars. The best time to visit the Deo-ghat area is from October to February.
How to reach Dudhwa National Park?
By Air: The nearest airport is the Sonegaon Airport in Lucknow, which is about 238 km away from Dudhwa.
By Train: The nearest railway stations are Lucknow and Shahjahanpur, Lucknow to Dudhwa is 238 km and Shahjahanpur to Dudhwa is 112 km.
By Bus: The nearest town is Palia (5 km.) Palia may appear to be a dusty and noisy town, but a halt here is important since all provisions must be purchased here, as nothing may be available beyond this point. Dudhwa and Palia are linked by bus.
Where is Dudhwa National Park?
The national park is located in the Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
Lodging options in and around Dudhwa National Park.
There are no hotels inside the national park. The best place to stay near Dudhwa is Lucknow.
Tips for a successful trip to Dudhwa National Park.
– Make sure you are well equipped with all the necessary accessories like insect repellent, sunscreen, water bottle, binoculars, camera, and so on.
– Carry light food items, as there are no provisions for food inside the national park.
– Visit the national park during the dry season, i.e. from October to April.
– Visit the national park in a group and let the authorities know about your trip.
– Try to visit the national park either in the morning or late evening.
– Be careful about your belongings as there is a huge chance of getting them stolen inside the park.
– Avoid visiting the national park during the rainy season.
– Don’t litter inside the national park.
– Don’t try to touch or feed the animals inside the national park.
– Keep an eye on your children and teenagers to avoid any accidents inside the park.
– Avoid travelling alone inside the national park.
Dudhwa is a great place to visit if you are looking for a place to see the Siberian cranes, Siberian cranes and many other species of birds. The best time to visit Dudhwa to see the migratory birds is from September to February. If you are looking for rare and wild animals, the best time to visit the national park is from October to April. If you are a nature lover and want to see wild animals and birds, then Dudhwa is the perfect place for you. So what are you waiting for? Visit Dudhwa soon and let us know how your trip was like!